Creamy Tomato-Basil Soup
This recipe is based on a recipe from Allrecipes.com but I tweaked it a little
- 115 grams butter or margarine
- 120 ml olive oil (or sunflower oil)
- 2 medium size onions
- 2.7kg tomatoes peeled and quartered
- 40 grams chopped fresh basil (I use dried basil)
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 litres chicken broth (you can use 2-3 chicken cubes dissolved in hot water to make your broth)
- 475 ml cream
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large pot over medium heat
- Stir in onions and cook till tender
- Mix in tomatoes and basil.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Pour in chicken broth and reduce heat to low and continue cooking for about 15 minutes
- Transfer soup to blender (or use a stick blender) and blend till smooth.
- Return to pot and bring soup to a boil
- Add cream
- Serve hot with a sprig of basil for garnish.